Instructions how to use bath besoms
The most suitable time for using them is the second and the third round in a steam-room.
Before the procedure, you should leave your besom in cold water for 15-20 minutes, and then immerse it in hot water for 1-2 minutes. Such bath besom will be fragrant, soft and its leaves will not fall. A properly prepared besom releases dozens of useful biologically active substances which positively affect our airways and skin through air and direct contact.
A correct bathing using besoms is like an aroma-therapeutic massage, while too intense lashing is not much better than beating.
Stages of a good bathing using besoms:
- Stroking (on the back)
- begin from the feet: press a besom against the feet, then stroke gently along the whole body up to the neck and back down to the feet, repeat 2-3 times.
- Warm a besom up (rise it up to the ceiling – the temperature there is highest), then put it on the shoulders and press; then warm it up again and put on the waist, warm it up again and put on the knee joints and feet.
The stroking and warming procedure is repeated 3-4 times, so that your body would get used to the besom and relax.
- Lashing (back):
- lash the body quickly, but not hard with the tips of leaves. Begin with the neck and go down to the feet. The procedure lasts for 1 minute.
- quickly draw a besom from the feet up to the neck and back, repeat 2-3 times.
Stroking and lashing are repeated for the front part of the body (lie on the back).
Stroking and lashing are repeated for the back part of the body (lie face-down).
- Whipping-compressing (back):
- rise a besom up to the ceiling, get some hot steam and hit the back with one strong movement (but not with all your might) and then immediately press a besom against the muscles using your free hand (compress); repeat 3 times;
- repeat the same procedure for other parts of the body (3 times each). Start with back muscles, then – waist, buns, thighs, calves and feet.
- gently shaking a besom, tickle the body in such directions: feet-waist, then neck – waist, 3-4 times. Lie face-down.
After a really good bathing with a besom, you should have a rest in a dressing room for 10-20 minutes, do not jump into cold water.